Writing On Spec

An award caliber procrastinator discovers a new and dangerous pursuit to keep him from actually writing another script. Why another Blog? I love to talk screenwriting. I love to talk story. I live in Richmond, VA. It's almost easier to get produced than find another screenwriter here. We are the anti-LA.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What I've been up to

Well, I've been beating my head against the figurative wall for awhile now and it's hurting a lot.

I'm a great one for creating situational setups. Not characters. The problem with this is that you need a character in order to complete a story. So, I've taken a break for a little while and tried to help some local friends put together a website for our what I hope to be our local disc golf club.

While I work on this, I'm hoping that my subconscious will work on my characters and help me figure out how I can get two of my favorite ideas into a story...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

I find that watching people at the mall helps me write characters. Don't know why. Just something about seeing everything from nuns to Harley riders that opens my mind up.

Friday, September 1, 2006 at 3:55:00 PM EDT  
Blogger default said...

Disc golf --> sweet.

One of my favorite past times. Except for the summer of 1998, when I played three times and was hospitalized twice. Came out of it with stiches in my chin, and arthroscopic surgery, but I returned to the game nonetheless.

Glad to hear another screenwriter is interested in a quality sport.

Tuesday, September 5, 2006 at 6:12:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home