Writing On Spec

An award caliber procrastinator discovers a new and dangerous pursuit to keep him from actually writing another script. Why another Blog? I love to talk screenwriting. I love to talk story. I live in Richmond, VA. It's almost easier to get produced than find another screenwriter here. We are the anti-LA.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

If only I felt like this hours ago

After reading blogs and contributing and such for a couple hours I'm all psyched to start writing - it's just too damned late to start now.

buggered again.

if I had any real guts, I'd quit my job tomorrow and be a fulltime unpaid screenwriter.

screw food & shelter, dammit.

4 Comments:

Blogger A. M. said...

Whatever happened to "stop reading and start writing"? *kicksyourass ;)

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 1:51:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Adam Renfro said...

yikes, don't quit that job. Being able to buy things like milk, beer, and penicillin always comes in handy.

Just become a Guer(r)illa Screenwriter.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 5:26:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dave said...

consider my ass "kicked".

god, I hate the planning stage of writing. I know there's a purpose to it, but it's so difficult to stare into space and not be bothered by somebody because "you're obviously not doing anything."

*sigh*

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 3:52:00 PM EDT  
Blogger wcdixon said...

...yes you need a beatsheet in front of you, some kind of roadmap, but suggest, if real life and work is a majority of your day...don't write at night! Wake up a half hour earlier and jump onto keyboard and write the next scene, and that's it. Force yourself to just write it and finish it in time alloted (because work is awaiting..or the kids need to be fed). Don't go back. Try a new/next scene every day, keep objective small but attainable... and see if that helps.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 6:52:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home