Writing On Spec

An award caliber procrastinator discovers a new and dangerous pursuit to keep him from actually writing another script. Why another Blog? I love to talk screenwriting. I love to talk story. I live in Richmond, VA. It's almost easier to get produced than find another screenwriter here. We are the anti-LA.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

i love disc golf

This is supposed to be all about "writing on spec", but for me, I needed to recharge, and it's been through disc golf. It's a great sport, doesn't kill you, doesn't cost much and doesn't take too long.

It's just like regular golf, only you throw special frisbees and land them in chain baskets instead of holes. Every hole is a par 3, so there's no worry about different pars.

Courses are all over the world - probably a bunch within driving distance of you.

If you're looking for something fun to do outside in the pretty weather, give it a shot.

3 Comments:

Blogger wcdixon said...

Sounds fun...I'm going to have to nose around and see if anyone is playing that up this way...

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 2:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger default said...

Longtime disc golfer here.

A great way to spend an afternoon with some friends outdoors, without paying any money for it, and spot a few hippies along the way.

But it can be dangerous. I shit you not, I was sent to the hospital twice during the same summer as a result of d.g. The first: I took a disc to the chin, which was very bloody and required 7 stitches. Now I have a Harrison Ford-esque scar to show.

The second: re-tore the cartilage in my right knee, which required surgery.

Pretty amazing, but true. It's a brutal sport.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 5:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Dave said...

man...I've heard of some folks getting knocked out, but that's it. No major injuries suffered due to the sport - of course, some of us older folks are hurting ourselves, but I think that's more because we're old than the sport is dangerous :)

It is fun though! I saw three old guys - about 50-60 on the course a couple years ago. That was a hoot.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 12:11:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home