Writing On Spec

An award caliber procrastinator discovers a new and dangerous pursuit to keep him from actually writing another script. Why another Blog? I love to talk screenwriting. I love to talk story. I live in Richmond, VA. It's almost easier to get produced than find another screenwriter here. We are the anti-LA.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Backing up your blog

For those of you out there keeping a current blog, but not backing it up, Michael Gilvary (of "Who Are You People?" blog) would have a suggestion.

Back it up!

Unfortunately, the server holding his site went down and took everything with it. He has been able to cobble most of it together again, but it's been quite awhile.

I'm not sure how I would go about restoring my blog if it were deleted, but I can at least have a current (as current as I like) copy of it on my local drive.

I found a free (opensource) program that with a simple wizard allows you to do just that - copy your blog to a folder on your hard drive.

The program is HTTrack Website Copier (http://www.httrack.com/).

Blog safely.

Oh, this also would be a cool feature if you're going to be offline for a little while - you could copy a few blogs to the hard drive for reading (or something like Wordplay) or reference.

1 Comments:

Blogger wcdixon said...

Thanks for the info...

Thursday, June 15, 2006 at 1:37:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home