Writing On Spec

An award caliber procrastinator discovers a new and dangerous pursuit to keep him from actually writing another script. Why another Blog? I love to talk screenwriting. I love to talk story. I live in Richmond, VA. It's almost easier to get produced than find another screenwriter here. We are the anti-LA.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Quotes to live by

I have friends that can just about recite some Monty Python movies.

Others who know all the big lines from movies.

Me, I have a few that stick, but that's about it. For me, they've been ingrained through life into my head. I've actually taken these lines and made them a part of my life. Something I would be honored to be able to achieve.

What I find peculiar is that the lines aren't from huge films or the oft listed 'great' writers.

#1 - Wall Street - Carl Fox - Stop going for the easy buck and start producing something with your life. Create, instead of living off the buying and selling of others.

Always took it upon myself to create something. At the end of the day I had something to show for myself

#2 - Cocktail - Brian - All things end badly, or else they wouldn't end.

Ain't that the truth. It was lame, but solid advise for myself and all others who came to me awash in tears over something ending badly.

I've learned that may not be the case 100% of the time, but I think it's true more than it's not - at least for one side.

What quotes from characters have you taken to heart?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"At the end, the only thing that counts...is time."

From my own script.

I'm such an ass.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 at 3:05:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home