Writing On Spec

An award caliber procrastinator discovers a new and dangerous pursuit to keep him from actually writing another script. Why another Blog? I love to talk screenwriting. I love to talk story. I live in Richmond, VA. It's almost easier to get produced than find another screenwriter here. We are the anti-LA.

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Stupid Writers

Wow... we sure are a dumb lot. How on earth could we have predicted Netflix & Blockbuster streaming stuff over the internet. Hulu now airing re-broadcasts of multiple shows and some studios even signing exclusivity contracts to have them do it.

Then you have Joss Whedon & his internet smash Dr. Horrible.

Sheesh. Thank goodness the WGA stuck it out.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kwinnky said...

Amen.
It was already well known this would happen, the powers that be just played dumb.

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 10:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Miguel Ludert said...

I'm interested in hearing more about your screenwriting experience. I'm interested in producing a TV show here in Richmond and would love to pick your brain. Ultimately, I'd like to publish the content online, much like a Hulu, Dr Horrible, or The Guild.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 10:31:00 AM EST  
Blogger Dave said...

@ Bloodgroove - I don't have much more than amateur experience in Screenwriting business. I've read a lot, know some folks who have gone on to greater things and have studied the writing end a lot and that's about it. There is a production alliance in Richmond that would have some folks that work professionally in the biz as well as the VA Screenwriters Forum that has some folks that have produced some things.

You can view my profile for e-mail contact if you still want to chat.

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 11:44:00 AM EST  
Blogger CNW Resources said...

Great post you can check my screen writing as well @ ross mentor

Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 11:02:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home